Friday, September 12, 2008

Have people forgotten about Customer Service?

I own a small Business in Texas. It is called Exclusive Awards & gifts (www.exclusiveawardsandgifts.com). We specialize in Custom crystal Awards, beer mugs, coffee mugs, wood plaques etc. We also do promotional merchandise like t-shirts, pens, pencils, printed cups, embroidery. My question to myself was " Do People really care about Customer Service?"

In this day in age where everything is just a click away and the world is at our finger tips, do we as consumers forget about the quality or the care the sales rep gives us in return for a cheaper price? Do we trade in being treated with care and being helped along our decision making to save a few bucks?

Well it certainly seems so. We see it on line and we see it in big retailer stores like Walmart, where you stand in line for 30 minutes while only 3 registers are open when there are 20 registers available. That is the price we as consumers pay to save money.

Is it Worth it?

I don't think so. As a business owner my time is better spent other than standing in eternal lines for a few items. So I rather pay a few more bucks somewhere else and be efficient with my time.

I just had to vent that out.

Anyone else feel that way?

No comments: